How Students Share their Profile
In Xello, students have the option to generate a shareable link to their profile, which they can use to connect with friends, mentors, and more. Students can also share this link with their parents, who can then view their child’s profile without needing a username and password.
It's similar to the shareable link option in Google Docs.
Enabling the Shareable Profile
There are two ways for students to enable the shareable profile from the Student Experience:
- On any page in Xello, from the top right corner, students click their avatar and select Share your profile.
- Or, from beneath their name on the About Me page, students click Share your Profile to open a preview of their shareable profile.
- From the top right corner of the profile, students click Share.
- From the Share Your Profile window, switch the toggle to ON to get a shareable link.
- Students can copy and share the link with parents or other people with whom the student wants to share their Xello profile.
Turn Off the Shareable Profile
If the student has shared the link with someone and no longer wants to allow access to their profile, they can unshare their profile. This will turn the link off for everyone.
Follow the same steps as above to switch the toggle to OFF.