Create a Custom Lesson
Users with administrator access can create a trackable, custom lesson that will show in the Lessons section on the student's dashboard.
Custom lessons can be used to track any kind of work that you want all assigned students to complete. This is especially helpful if you have a state or local requirement that isn't met with one of Xello's existing lessons. To fulfill a custom lesson, students will fill out the text box or attach one or more files and submit their lesson.
Custom lessons can also be set as a core lesson, ensuring that it gets top priority on the student's dashboard.
To create a custom lesson for students:
- From your Educator Account, under Features, click Lessons to open the list of Lessons in Xello.
- At the top right of the page, click Create Lesson to open the new lessons page.
- Fill in the necessary information and files.
- Lessons can be assigned to multiple grades, but will only need to be completed by the student once.
- If you want it to show as a Core lesson for your students and to specify that this lesson is to be completed by the end of the school year, click the toggle Core Lesson to YES.
- If you want to include prerequisites that students must complete before beginning the lesson, click Add Prerequisites and select up to 5 activities you'd like to include.
- When you're finished, click Save.
- The new custom lesson will be located in all the grades you selected with a New icon above it.