G Suite SSO
With Xello SSO, students can log into their G Suite account and then access Xello without a separate login.
FYI: To learn more about how SSO works in Xello, see the articles How Student SSO Works and How Educator SSO Works.
To set up SSO through G Suite:
- Sign in to https://admin.google.com with your G Suite administrator account.
- Click the Apps icon to open the list of available apps and select SAML Apps to open the list related to your SSO.
- From near the bottom right of the screen, click on the + icon to add a new app.
- A modal window opens with the first of five steps.
- Step 1 of 5: at the bottom of the list, click Setup My Own Custom App.
- Step 2 of 5: under Option 2, next to IDP metadata, click Download to download an .xml file containing all the information Xello needs to allow G Suite access for your district.
- Save the downloaded file in an easily accessible location. You will need to send this to your Onboarding Manager.
- Step 3 of 5: in the Application Name field, type "Xello". To add a Xello logo, right click on the Xello icon below, and save the image to an easily accessible location. Click Choose File, and select the Xello image you just saved. Click Next.
- Step 4 of 5: enter the below information and leave the rest as is, then click Next.
- ACS URL: https://auth.xello.world/SAML
- Entity ID: urn:XelloSamlServiceProvider
- Step 5 of 5: click Add New Mapping. In the first field, type: sso-token (field is case-sensitive so be sure to enter it in lowercase). In the second field, click Basic Information. In the third, select Primary Email. Click Finish.
- From the top right of the SAML Apps page, click Edit Service and select On for everyone. Click Save.
- Email the downloaded .xml file to your Onboarding Manager.
FYI: It may take up to 24 hours for Google to implement your G Suite SSO.