Rhyme Time - Kindergarten Supplementary Activity
These Career/Life Skills Vocabulary activities introduce students to key career and life skills vocabulary and concepts.
While we suggest Kindergarten as the recommended grade level for this activity, you can adapt it to suit the needs and interests of your class.
| In this activity, students match rhyming word on a worksheet and create a list of career-related words to find rhymes to. Students will:
|| To complete this activity, the following supplies are needed:
|In-App My Files|
|Students upload photos of their rhyme time worksheets and drawings|
- Print the Rhyme Time Worksheet for students to complete.
- When students have finished the worksheets, you can have them brainstorm different occupations and related tools and equipment that they know. Explain any vocab words that might be unfamiliar to students.
- Divide students into 5 or 6 groups. Select words from the list with the most rhyming potential, and give each group one or two of the words.
- Ask students to draw pictures of as many things that rhyme with the words that they can. For example, if a group has “Vet” as an occupation, students in the group can draw pictures of a pet, a jet, a barrette, etc.
- Have the groups show their pictures to the class and explain their rhyming word. Ask if anyone can think of other rhyming words that the group hasn’t drawn.