The Missing Words - Grade 1 Supplementary Activity
These Career/Life Skills Vocabulary activities introduce students to key career and life skills vocabulary and concepts.
While we suggest First Grade as the recommended grade level for this activity, you can adapt it to suit the needs and interests of your class.
| In this activity, students read a brief story about a cow who wants to find a job and fill in the blanks with the appropriate word. The purpose of this activity is to:
|| To complete this activity, the following supplies are needed:
|In-App My Files|
|Students upload photos of their Coco the Cow worksheets and drawings|
- Print copies of the Coco the Cow Worksheet for your students. Explain the terms on the worksheet—job, skill, work, money, interests—and read the story with students. Ask them to fill in the missing words.
- As an extension activity, have students brainstorm some other occupations that Coco might have picked. Ask each student to draw a picture of Coco Cow in one of those occupations. What if she had decided to be a pilot or a plumber?
- What would it look like?
- What would she do on the job?
- What tools would she need to use?
- Does Coco have the skills or interests for those occupations?
- Would she be good at her job?
- Compile students’ drawings into a class book and, as a class, create a story about the pictures. You can use the class book for story time, or distribute copies for students to take home and enjoy.