Transfer a Student Account Between Districts
The process of transferring student accounts between districts in Xello depends on whether the student account has been created at the student's new school.
To find out whether the student account already exists, log in to your educator account in Xello. Use the search bar at the top of the page and enter the student's name. If the results include the transferred student, the account has already been created. To avoid duplicates of the account, follow the appropriate instructions below.
Student Account Already Exists
If you've searched for the student and the account already exists, email a request to your Onboarding Manager, or to our Client Solutions team (firstname.lastname@example.org). They'll reply with next steps, at which point you'll need to provide a formal letter requesting the transfer of the student account.
Our team will complete the transfer to ensure the student account is not duplicated.
Student Account Does Not Exist
To transfer a student account from another district when the student account is not yet in the new school:
- From your Educator Account, click Students and select Student List.
- From the top right corner, click Add Student.
- Enter the new student ID, and click Next.
- In the alert to the right of their ID, click enter their login to transfer their account.
- Enter the student's original login info and click Next.