Microsoft Azure SSO
With Xello SSO, students can log into their Microsoft Azure account and then access Xello without a separate login.
FYI: To learn more about how SSO works in Xello, see the articles How Student SSO Works and How Educator SSO Works.
To set up SSO through Azure:
- Follow the link to the Azure Management Portal: https://portal.azure.com/
- Click Azure Active Directory, then select Single Sign On.
- From the bottom right, under Download, click Metadata XML.
- Send the downloaded Metadata XML to your Onboarding Manager at Xello.
- Your Onboarding Manager will send you a unique URL that will look something like this: https://auth.xello.world/SAML/[UNIQUEIDENTIFIER]
- Enter the following information:
- Install the Xello metadata which can be found here: https://auth.xello.world/XML/Xello_Live_metadata.xml
- From the left menu, under Users and groups, enable access to students and educators.
- Right click on the Xello icon below, and save the image to an easily accessible location.
- In the left menu, click Properties and select Logo to locate the previously saved Xello icon.
- Click Save.
Note: If you don't see Single Sign On, follow the steps in this guide to create an application that you'll use to set up SAML-based SSO: Quickstart: Add an application to your Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) tenant.
|Single Sign-on Mode||SAML-based Sign-on|
|Sign on URL||https://auth.xello.world/SAML/[UNIQUEIDENTIFIER]|