Deactivate a Student Account
The process of managing student accounts in Xello depends on if your site has nightly data transfers or is on a less frequent data transfer schedule.
Nightly Data Transfers
If your site does nightly data transfers then student accounts are managed through your school's Student Information System (SIS). Ensure the student is at the correct site in your SIS and changes will be reflected in Xello the next day.
Scheduled Data Transfers
If your site is on scheduled data transfers and you need to make changes to student accounts between transfers:
- From your Educator Account, use the dynamic search bar at the top of any page to search for the student you want to deactivate. Click their name.
- From the top right of the student profile, click Options and select Deactivate Account.
- Click OK to confirm your choice.
Deactivate Multiple Student Accounts
If there are multiple student accounts that you need to deactivate:
- From your Educator Account, click Students and select Student List.
- Check the box beside each student name whose account you want to deactivate.
- Once students are selected, from the top of the list, click Change Account Status and select Deactivate Account.