Data Integration with Aeries
Data integration allows Xello to securely exchange data with Student Information Systems to create student accounts in the program. Data integration also takes care of tasks like deactivating, transferring, promoting, and updating student accounts, as long as the information in the SIS is kept up to date.
Aeries exchanges data with Xello through an API integration. To create and secure a Xello API endpoint:
- Log in to Aeries.net as an Administrator.
- From the left menu, click Security and select API Security.
- Click Add New Record on the right side of the screen.
- Enter Xello as the Product Name and ensure the status is set to Active. Click Insert.
- In the Permissions table, check the boxes under the Read column next to the following:
- Student Data
- Class Schedule/History
- Course Data
- Graduation Requirements
- Under Multiple LEA Student Data Sharing, check Graduation Status and Student Data.
- Using the Aeries.Net Demo Server as an example, send your Onboarding Manager an email with the following information:
- The text in the Certificate field. Example: 75747985e2b234bf78536cf3495371781
- Your Aeries.net URL. Example: https://demo.aeries.net/aeries.net/SecurityForAPI.aspx
(If you're unsure what the URL is, please copy the exact URL from the security page and your Onboarding Manager can determine it based on that.)
- The best times for Xello to pull data. Example: Weekends only from 8:00 p.m. - 2:00 a.m.
After receiving the above information, your Onboarding Manager will run a quick test on the API to ensure it works as expected.
For Xello to connect to your Aeries API, ensure the following IPs have been whitelisted over port 443:
Course Request Import
Schools/districts can import course requests to the "SSS" table directly through SQL processes or by using the Import or Add Data to Aeries form in the Aeries Admin Client.