Data Integration with GoEduStar
Data integration allows Xello to securely exchange data with Student Information Systems to create student accounts in the program. Data integration also takes care of tasks like deactivating, transferring, promoting, and updating student accounts, as long as the information in the SIS is kept up to date.
GoEduStar (through Harris School Systems) exchanges data with Xello through a scripted integration. To configure this data transfer:
- Log in to GoEduStar.
- From the Go.Links side menu, click Quick Reports to locate four Xello reports.
- Change the Category to Export and find the Xello reports in the drop-down menu.
- Select All Students and then click Reports on the top menu.
- Repeat this process for all four files.
- Your Onboarding Manager will send you Xello's SFTP credentials. Once you’ve exported the four files, connect to the SFTP and upload them. Let your Onboarding Manager know when the upload is complete.
Districts with more than one school will need to contact their rep at Harris School Systems to have them pull the report for all schools in the district as the reports will only pull each school building’s student data.