Data Integration with Sungard eSchoolPLUS (through PowerSchool)
Data integration allows Xello to securely exchange data with Student Information Systems to create student accounts in the program. Data integration also takes care of tasks like deactivating, transferring, promoting, and updating student accounts, as long as the information in the SIS is kept up to date.
The method of exchanging data with Sungard eSchoolPLUS depends on if you’re using course planning in Xello. If you need to pull both student and course data files, we recommend doing so through a scripted integration. To set this up:
- Log in to Sungard eSchoolPLUS (versions 3.1 and higher)
- Go to Utilities > Third Party Integration > Career Cruising Upload/Download to find and export the student and course data files.
- Your Onboarding Manager will send you Xello’s SFTP credentials. Once you’ve exported the files, connect to the SFTP to upload them. Let your Onboarding Manager know when the upload is complete.
If you’re not using course planning (student data only), Xello can exchange data with SunGard through an API integration. To set this up:
- Email eSchoolPLUS (through PowerSchool) from their support page. Put “Xello Data Exchange” in the subject line and request the activation of the Xello-Sungard API.
- eSchoolPLUS will correspond with Xello to confirm the data exchange. Your Onboarding Manager will then confirm with you when the setup is complete.
- Create a ticket with APSCN by calling the help center at 501-682-4357. Indicate you're interested in setting up an eSchoolPLUS API with Xello for the student integration.
- The reference number to the ticket will be sent to the district.
- Once API credentials are ready, they'll be shared with the district. Credentials will need to be sent to your Onboarding Manager at Xello.
- The Xello team will complete the configuration and send confirmation to the District and IT leads.