With Xello SSO, students can log into their D2L account and then access Xello without a separate login.
Your Onboarding Manager will provide you with two pieces of information to be used in a later step: a consumer key and a shared secret. The consumer key is our unique identifier for your D2L implementation, while the shared secret is used to ensure that all communication sent from D2L to Xello is secure. Both pieces of information are unique to your implementation and are known only by Xello and D2L.
To set up SSO through D2L:
- Your Onboarding Manager will provide a key and shared secret.
- Log in to D2L and go through Sandbox to click External Tools.
- If possible, remove all previous Xello links from within D2L.
- Create a new link for Xello and enter the below URL with exact casing: https://auth.xello.world/LTI
- Populate the Key and Secret fields with the information provided by your Onboarding Manager.
- Under Security Settings, ensure the boxes beside Send system Org Defined ID to tool provider and Send system role to tool provider are both checked.
- Click Save and Close.
- Complete a test to make sure a student can SSO successfully.