Family involvement in after high school planning is an integral part of promoting successful outcomes for students. That's why it's imperative that schools find ways, including tools, that make it easier to integrate parents and guardians, so that you're working alongside each other. Sharing the load with parents ensures that future readiness is not just an in-class activity, but it sets it up as a strategy for life-long success, including graduation. As students navigate these difficult decisions with the support of their families, they strengthen their academic motivations, and parents are given the opportunity to reinforce post-secondary planning at home.
Watch this recorded webinar for ideas on how to increase parental involvement in your program, from kindergarten through high school.
In this session you'll learn:
- Ideas on how to include parents and guardians on their child's career development journey
- Strategies to share the load with others (staff, educators, parents, etc.)
- Features in Xello Family that empower parents and guardians to have meaningful conversations with their children about their futures
- Tips on how you can promote successful transitions from elementary school to middle school and beyond
- Future readiness activities and resources to share with families
Video PlaylistVideo PlaylistXello for Families
Share this playlist with parents and guardians to introduction them to Xello Family and give them a walkthrough on how to use their account to view student work.
Xello REsourceXello ResourceGet Started for Parent/Guardian
Help parents/guardians get started with Xello.
Recorded webinarRecorded webinarIntroduction to Xello Family
With Xello Family, parents and guardians can better support their child's future aspirations, learning, and development. Check out this session to learn how families will navigate their student's work in Xello.