Xello securely exchanges data with
Aeries exchanges data with Xello through an API integration. To create and secure a Xello API endpoint:
- Log in to Aeries.net as an Administrator.
- From the left menu, click Security and select API Security.
- Click Add New Record on the right side of the screen.
- Enter Xello as the Product Name and ensure the status is set to Active. Click Insert.
- In the Permissions table, check the boxes under the Read column next to the following:
- Student Data
- Class Schedule/History
- Course Data
- Graduation Requirements
- Under Multiple LEA Student Data Sharing, check Graduation Status and Student Data.
- Using the Aeries.Net Demo Server as an example, send your Onboarding Manager an email with the following information:
- The text in the Certificate field. Example: 75747985e2b234bf78536cf3495371781
- Your Aeries.net URL. Example: https://demo.aeries.net/aeries.net/SecurityForAPI.aspx
(If you're unsure what the URL is, please copy the exact URL from the security page and your Onboarding Manager can determine it based on that.)
- The best times for Xello to pull data. Example: Weekends only from 8:00 p.m. - 2:00 a.m.
After receiving the above information, your Onboarding Manager will run a quick test on the API to ensure it works as expected.
For Xello to connect to your Aeries API, ensure the following IPs have been whitelisted over port 443:
Course Request Import
Schools/districts can import course requests to the "SSS" table directly through SQL processes or by using the Import or Add Data to Aeries form in the Aeries Admin Client.