You can create groups of students. Groups are used to easily filter lists and reports, create assignments for select students, and more. Students cannot see the groups in which they've been placed.
Note: Educators with Administrator access can create, delete or edit any groups. Educators with User or Limited access can edit and delete their own groups. To learn more about educator access and permissions, check out Educator Permissions.
To add a student to one of your already existing Student Groups:
- From your Educator Account, click Students and select Student Groups.
- Click the group to which you want to add a student.
- Click the plus sign to the right of the total number of students. From the search bar, search for the student by name or ID.
- The dynamic search field will populate students as you type. Click on the appropriate student to add them to the group.
FYI: You can also quickly add a student to a group from the Student List page by clicking the three dot icon to the right of the student's name and selecting Add to Existing Group.
Add Multiple Students to a Group
If you have a lot of students to add to one of your groups, you can easily add them from the student list:
- From your Educator Account, click Students and select Student List to open the list of all students at your school.
- Use the checkboxes to the left of the student names to select the students you want to add.
- From the list of options near the top of the page, click Add to Group, and select Add to Existing Group.
- Select the group(s) to which you wish to add the students and click Add.
Tip: Narrow the data on the list to zero in on the information. From the top right of the list, click Filters, choose the filters to add and click Apply. To add or remove table columns, or to export the table to a spreadsheet or .csv file, click Data Options.