Common App has teamed up with Xello to make it easier to support your students with their college applications. For Common App colleges, students use Xello to send a request for a Teacher Evaluation.
The Teacher Evaluation is sent to all the Common App colleges the student has assigned to you. This means you only need to fill it out once. Make sure your letter is specific to the student's accomplishments and not to the institution they're applying to.
To complete a Teacher Evaluation request for Common App:
- From the student email request you received, click Sign In to access your Xello account.
Note: If you use single sign-on (SSO) at your school, access your Xello account as you normally would.
- Once you've signed in, you’ll land on the list of student requests.
- Next to the student whose Teacher Evaluation you’ll fill out, click Review.
- This opens a brief overview of the forms to fill out, and the colleges the student is planning to apply to.
- In case you wish to pause and return later, clicking Done will save your work.
- Click Edit to resume an incomplete form or make changes.
Check out the video below to see how to set up a teacher profile and complete teacher evaluations.
PDFCommon App Guide
PDFStudent Guide for Common App and Xello
Recorded WEbinarRecorded WebinarXello and Common App 101
Short VideoShort VideoLinking Your Common App to Xello
A student-facing video covering how students link their Common App account with Xello (also available in Spanish).
Short VideoShort VideoRequesting Your Documents for Common App
A student-facing short video that walks through how to request documents for Common App in Xello (also available in Spanish).
Short VideoShort VideoXello's Common App Integration for Counselors
A short video to walk counselors through how to integrate and begin completing tasks for Common App in Xello.
Short VideoShort VideoCommon App Teacher Recommender Through Xello
A quick overview of how teachers complete teacher evaluations for students applying to Common App colleges.