Common App has teamed up with Xello to make supporting your students with their college applications easier. For colleges that work with Common App, students send requests for application documents to educators in Xello. As a teacher, you'll receive requests for Teacher Evaluations.
Once you receive your first request via email, you'll need to create a teacher profile. You only need to complete the teacher profile one time, and you can edit it at any point. It will be included with every letter you send.
After your profile is complete, you can begin filling out Teacher Evaluations.
To set up a teacher profile for Common App in Xello:
- From your Educator account, click Features and select College Planning.
- Or, from your dashboard, click the College Planning card.
- Next to Common App, click Manage to land on your list of student requests.
- In the banner at the top of the page, click Create.
- Fill out the form and click Complete.
- In case you wish to pause and return later, clicking Save draft will save your work. You will not be able to fulfill requests until your profile is complete.
Check out the video below to see how to set up a teacher profile and complete teacher evaluations.
PDFCommon App Guide
PDFStudent Guide for Common App and Xello
WalkthroughWalkthroughCommon App Integration Walkthrough
Recorded WEbinarRecorded WebinarXello and Common App 101
Short VideoShort VideoLinking Your Common App to Xello
A student-facing video covering how students link their Common App account with Xello (also available in Spanish).
Short VideoShort VideoRequesting Your Documents for Common App
A student-facing short video that walks through how to request documents for Common App in Xello (also available in Spanish).
Short VideoShort VideoXello's Common App Integration for Counselors
A short video to walk counselors through how to integrate and begin completing tasks for Common App in Xello.
Short VideoShort VideoCommon App Teacher Recommender Through Xello
A quick overview of how teachers complete teacher evaluations for students applying to Common App colleges.