Once a student’s recommendation letter has been sent to the institution, you can track whether the institution has received it. If the institution received the letter but didn’t open it in time, the status will indicate that the letter has expired.
To track a sent recommendation letter:
- From your Educator account, click Features and select College Planning.
- Or, from your dashboard, click the College Planning card.
- Next to Recommendation letters, click Manage.
- Click the Sent tab.
- Sort the list by column headings such as student, referrer, or status.
Recommendation letter statuses are as follows:
- Sent: the out-of-network letter was sent to the institution, but hasn't been downloaded
- Received: the institution received the out-of-network letter and downloaded it on their end
- Delivered: the in-network letter has been delivered to and received by the institution
- Expired: the institution didn't download the letter within the 2-week window