Students use Xello to request a teacher, mentor, or other respected figure in their life to send a recommendation letter on their behalf to the institution of their choice. This recommendation letter is your chance to sing the student's praises and help them stand out in the crowd of applicants.
Now that a student has sent you a request, click on the link in the email to be directed to a referrer upload page with Xello. This page is unique to you and does not require you to sign in. From this page, view the personal note your student has written, get tips on how to write the letter, and upload your finished PDF version. Once it's uploaded and you're ready to click Send, your letter will be sent to the college of the student's choosing.
To upload a recommendation letter:
- Open the email from Xello with the notification that a student has requested you send a recommendation letter on their behalf.
- Click View Request to open Xello's referrer page for your recommendation letter request.
Note: If you're unable to click the View Request button, copy and paste the link below it into your browser.
- Take this opportunity to:
- View the student's personal note to you.
- Click View Tips for idea-starters on what content to include in the recommendation letter.
- A confirmation window indicates your letter has been sent to the institution on behalf of the student.
- If an error has occurred, try uploading the PDF again.